Struggling to juggle the demands of work and kids? Are your kids sick at home more than usual these days? Feel constantly torn between excelling in your work and being there for your family?
You're not alone!
In this video, I keep it real with my own challenges, sharing why it's so darn stressful to juggle work and kids, and how to navigate it with more ease and presence.
1. Expect that it will be messy - this is normal
2. Stop trying to do it all and instead get closer to the "bullseye" (I explain what I mean)
3. Know what really matters -- at work, with your family, and in your life -- to guide your daily choices (sometimes can be minute-by-minute choices)
4. Give yourself permission to say 'no' to what matters less
5. Keep boundaries between your work and personal time -- you still need to take care of yourself
6. Be present where you are
7. Let go of the guilt AND also pay attention to what the guilt is telling you
8. Be intentional in how you are showing up
9. Get the small, everyday moments right and you'll have an extraordinary life (even with the messiness)
10. Be kind to yourself and grant yourself grace . . . especially when #9 goes sideways!
Watch the full video here.
All my best,
Wherever you are on your journey, I'm here to support you in the way that works best for you!
[Free Training] Discover how leaders who have it all - great life balance AND high performance - operate behind the scenes. Click here to access this free training.
[Coaching] If you want to create balance in your life, stress less and perform even better, book a complimentary call and we can see if The Balanced Leader™️ coaching program is right for YOU.
I also offer speaking presentations, workshops and coaching programs tailored to support teams and organizations in creating more balance, less stress and high performance. Book a complimentary call or contact me here to discuss bringing this in for your organization.
[Social Media] Follow me on your favorite social media platform whether it's LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, or Facebook for ideas, inspiration, and real-life lessons when it comes to working less, living more, and performing even better. I hang out mostly on LinkedIn!
Stacey L. Olson is a Certified Positive Psychology Coach and has 15 years of corporate experience. She works with professionals who want to create more balance, stress less, AND perform at a high level. Stacey is the founder of The Balanced Leader™ program and offers executive and leadership coaching, workshops, and speaking.
For motivational value delivered to your inbox on topics related to balance in work and the rest of life, leadership, resilience and more, stay connected by signing up here!